Last week, the United States celebrated Small Business Week to honor the 30 million small businesses that keep this country running. In Minnesota, there are more than 500,000 small businesses employing over one million Minnesotans.
Yesterday the National Federation of Independent Business reported historic numbers thanks to Republicans’ pro-growth policies like tax cuts and deregulation. Small business optimism is the highest it’s been in 30 years while reports of improved earning trends were the highest in survey history.
Yesterday was also a big day for small businesses, as the House passed seven bills to further boost Main Street:
- H.R. 3170 – Small Business Development Center Cyber Training Act
- H.R. 4743 – Small Business 7(a) Lending Oversight Reform Act
- H.R. 4754 – Change Order Transparency for Federal Contractors Act
- H.R. 1680 – Women’s Business Centers Improvements Act
- H.R. 1702 – Small Business Development Centers Improvement Act
- H.R. 4111 – Spurring Business in Communities Act
- H.R. 5236 – Main Street Employee Ownership Act
From cybersecurity to supporting women’s entrepreneurship to strong agency oversight, these bills will continue our nation’s investment in American workers.